Did you know that there is a way to help avoid getting sick; a way to help prevent the spread of illness; a way so simple a child could do it, and yet, costs no more than a bar of soap?
It’s three little words: Wash Your Hands.
Everything we touch we carry with us, and the germs our hands encounter are transferred to our bodies when we touch our eyes, nose or mouth. Most of us aren’t even aware we’re doing it, which is why getting in the habit of regular hand washings is vital to your health, and to the health of others, since we can carry germs and spread them.
Now, washing our hands after using the restroom is a given, but there are many other scenarios in which a good hand washing can fend off illness:
- Before eating and before, during and after preparing food
- Before and after caring for someone who is sick
- Before and after treating a cut or a wound
- After changing diapers or cleaning a child who has used the toilet
- After blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
- After touching an animal, animal feed or animal waste
- After handling pet food or pet treats
- After touching garbage
So, grab a bar of soap, lather up for at least 20 seconds and keep yourself well.
(To read more about hand washing benefits: click HERE)
spectrum healthcare ©2014